10.28.2013

home decor that I adore

I buy hydrangeas weekly. Our home is slightly Spanish, slightly California coastal chic, so there is bright accents and a couple of blue walls. The white hydrangeas offset the other pops of color. 

Housewife hint: cut the stems under running warm water at an angle. Start with longer stems and as the flowers begin to welt, re cut about an inch higher, add a dab of sugar into fresh water and watch them renew to brighten your house for longer. 


I just had to share these gorgeous home decor photos as they are the epitome of home decor I adore and similar themes for our abode: rustic undertones, loads of natural light, blue accents, hydrangeas and a hint of Hermes {similar personalized blanket found here}.





photos courtesy of the Cinderella project

7 comments:

  1. I love this home decor!

    Hunter
    www.preponabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hydrangeas are so pretty - i love how they come in so many different colors! great home inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same, hydrangeas are my go-to! I'm currently on a batch that's lasted two plus weeks because of that awesome housewife trick! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hydrangeas are my favorite! Great tip, I'll def be trying that out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love that first picture! I love fresh flowers, especially hydrangeas :)
    xoxo
    Suzanne from written by suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm moving next month and can't get enough interior design! Thanks for the ideas!

    Justaddcakeuk

    ReplyDelete
  7. That living room looks so inviting. Thanks for that tip to keep flowers longer, I hadn't heard of using sugar- definitely going to try it.

    LittlePinkRainBoots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover