10.11.2013

a wonderful year...


As a blogger, I am constantly totting either part of the line of what I am comfortable sharing. Living in big city that is a small town and having a husband that honors privacy among all else, blogging is a funny hobby to pick up. It is quiet a interesting argument to have with myself weekly when blogging: what to share and what not to share. 

Nevertheless, I wanted to get a little more personal.


 With this birthday upon me, I have been thinking recently of how fortunate I have been and all the journeys, physically and emotionally, I have been lucky enough to experience.  This past year I have traveled to Texas twice, been to India, a place I always dreamt of going and was lucky to relive bits of my honeymoon with a recent trip to Europe. I got to experience many friends getting engaged, adding to growing families and fall in love. I started the year in Acapulco and will end it in Hawaii and Santa Ynez.

While getting older is never fun, and something I don't necessarily look forward to, I do love birthdays. While this one is a little more scary than most, I have had a very fun time looking back on all of my life experiences, how they have shaped me, encouraged me to grow and get to know myself, and led me to where I am now: right here, where I am supposed to be. Every little place that I have been has found a spot in my heart and I am so thankful for everything that I have been blessed enough to be a part of. Thank you for being a part of it all.





photos from Pinterest

7 comments:

  1. Wow, what a year! Happy birthday, and here's to another great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, happy birthday xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! So excited to have come across your blog and I am looking forward to the So Cal meet up! Make sure to stop by for a chance to win a $50 gift card to Nordstrom!

    XO,
    http://sororitygirlintherealworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post, those photos are beautiful!

    Justaddcakeuk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, you are absolutely beautiful!


    Yolennie
    www.lavenderfedora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday!!! You've definitely had a great year. I'm so jealous of all your travels.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover