1.27.2013

travel outfit

travel

outfit one: puffer vest // cashmere // scarf // passport cover // jeans // aquaphor // loafers
outfit two: sweater wrap // jacket wrap // scarf // kindle // lipgloss // leggings // eye cream // shoes

Well, Lovers, I have probably just landed in India, or am trying to get over the jet lag that 20 hours and 15 minutes of flight time provides. I wanted to create an inspiration board of my travel uniform. 

The first outfit is my travel uniform: comfy skinnies that don't feel like pants, cozy cashmere that is warm and cool when needed, and loafers for easy undress and re-dress. I also love to travel with a puffer in the winter. It is an easy layer to pack and can second for a pillow. I like the scarf for the same reason and it can also be worn as a wrap. While bringing a scarf to India is like bringing sand to the beach, it will make my carry one for pillow purposes alone. 

For this trip, I will be out of my uniform as the weather is supposed to be 80 degrees the entire time and I wanted to pack limited stuff. The shoes will be my site seeing shoes :comfy, kind of pulled together and not too expensive that I don't mind leaving them behind when it is time to come home. Leggings will be great for many outings while traveling, and the endless yoga, as I want to be covered but not too warm {read, no jeans}. I love these two jacket options as they are chic, but cozy, and they would fit perfectly in my closet when I get home. 

How do you travel?



11 comments:

  1. Well, they say great minds think alike...I already have a travel wardrobe post half written !! I so agree with you, we do not need half the clothes we compulsively pack (unless we're staying at the same place for a loooooong time). Have a great time with your girlfriends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute outfits! Hope you have a great trip :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these travel outfits! Hope you have an AMAZING trip! xo

    go for the glam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah - have SO much fun!! Can't wait to read all about your trip when you return!
    Isn’t That Charming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find it soooo hard to be stylish whilst travelling, purely because I love being comfortable and that mostly includes wearing my ugg boots, skinny jeans and a warm cosy jumper! I also like to wear a snood or a scarf on a plane, as I always use it a 'pillow'.

    Hope your flight was good and the jet lag is not too bad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH.MY.GOSH!!!! Have an amazing time, lovey!!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing trip–can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you have great looks planned for traveling. Have fun in India. I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights
    Giveaway for $80 MsDressy Gift Card

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great travel outfits! Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover