10.04.2012

something blue...

I am so excited to announce a new series, appropriately titled something blue. While the dress, venue and husband are always exciting details that can't be missed on your Big Day, I am all about the hidden details. The something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue are personal details that are one of my favorite things to hear about the brides process in these decisions.

I am honored to have Tamra from Every Swoon being our inaugural brides for this series. Tamra has recently started a bridal consulting business and I love to check out her blog to see what amazing Big Days she gets to be a part of. Check out her blog here.


Something Old...
One of the doily's my Grandmother made and passed on to me was wrapped around my bouquet. My grandmother loved Michael and really wanted us to get married. Sadly, she passed away a few weeks after Michael bought the ring and he didn't get the opportunity to give her one of her last wishes. With my Grandmother's doily wrapped around my bouquet, I felt as though she was there with me on my wedding day, holding my hand all the way down the aisle.
 
Something New...
My Oscar de la Renta dress! I put it on every now and again just to twirl around. 
 
Something Borrowed...
I have two "something borrowed"! I wore my moms wedding dress while I was getting ready on the morning of the wedding. I think it was a magic dress because I was so incredibly calm. Also, the look on my mom and dad's face when I came out in my mom's dress was priceless. I spent the entire morning getting ready with my mom, dad, and sister which was really, really special and intimate.

 
For the wedding day, I wore my sister's flower shaped feather hairpin that she wore on her wedding day just 10 months before. It matched my wedding style and bouquet perfectly, as feathers were used all throughout our wedding day.
 
Something Blue...
This one may be a stretch, but I consider my sparkling shoes my something blue
because they kind of had a iridescent hue to it.
 

 
Thanks to Tamra for contributing her picks and pics!
 
Don't forget to check out her blog and email me at navyandorangeblog {at}gmail {dot}com if you are interested in being featured in this series.
 
xoxo navy & orange
 

13 comments:

  1. i love this series, especially since i'm in the midst of planning my own wedding. I love that you wore your mom's wedding dress while getting ready. I really love those shoes and I'm pretty sure I need them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for having me over! I had so much fun reliving that special day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great tips and that dress, stunning! Something to think about when that day arrives:)

    xo
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun series! My something blue was my husband's grandmother's hankie. (also my something borrowed and something old!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Chicnova Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable! Loving this post.

    Alexandra xo

    tovogueorbust.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO fun! I definitely LOVE this post :)

    xoxo,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH Tamra, I could stare at your dress and shoes all day!!! You are just the cutest and I LOVE this series!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh Tamra is queen of all weddings- her wedding is my favorite ever. That DRESS! And those SHOES! stunning. Great series! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup, I think I'd put that dress on every so often to twirl in, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this series and love tamra!!! that last shot is SO amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover