4.11.2012

gold & black


{watch here, similar bracelet found here and budget friendly here and here}



I love the combination of black and gold. When in doubt, I always reach for the large section of black in my closet. It is always chic, slimming and in style. Gold has been my favorite choice in jewelry every since my grandmother gave me my great grandfather's ring with an H engraved in gold on black onyx. He was who I was named after, so this combination has a special place both in my heart and closet.

My Hermes H cuff also has a special spot in my heart. While I know {and understand} that Hermes is popular for most girls, I feel like they are made just for me! I've been thinking about adding an orange one in the thicker cut to my collection.

The first photo is a great inspiration for my favorite combination.  My selection includes my grandmother's vintage Tiffany bracelet, H Hermes Cuff, diamond bracelet friendship bracelet with my mom, and an initial stamped bracelet with the hubby's initial.

17 comments:

  1. love your hermes! i have the brown one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo I love everything about your combo! Especially the bracelet with your husband's initial. How adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your combination is great! I really like the little disc bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love yellow gold! I grew up loving yellow gold and I never turned my back on it. I wear yellow gold pretty much everyday, so it's hard to work in the random silver pieces that I have. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bracelet! Black and gold is so chic :)

    Laura xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your combo! And love even mOre that everything has a meaning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a classic combination that will always look good.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always chic and effortless. It took me so long to get into gold but now I can't get enough. I really love the Hermes cuffs, so classic and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Black and gold is always chic...love it! x www.casualglamorous.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the army candy!!

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the color combination!! I always go for black when I am in a hurry and don't have time to put an outfit together. It makes you look slimmer, sophisticated and is always classic.

    xx
    Heel in Mint

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the combination of black and gold too. Classy

    ReplyDelete
  13. i want the hermes cuff! luckyyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am a big fan of gold. It seems that silver is more popular but I've always been drawn to the warmth of gold. My wedding band is gold, I think I am in the minority.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do love the gold+black combo! Great wrist bling ;)

    XX,
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous arm candy- and with such lovely sentimental value. Super sophisticated. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover