2.10.2012

guest post: The Polkadot Pantry

While away, I scheduled a couple of guest bloggers and am so excited to introduce Kate from The Polkadot Pantry. Kate resides in Australia and I look forward to my daily visits to her blog for a taste of the happenings in the Land Down Under. The weather lately in SoCal makes me think that summer is here, yet one of my favorite things about summer is a weekend trip to the races. As it is currently summer in Australia, and Kate works in the industry, I am beyond excited to introduce her post about a day at the races, Australian style!

Hello lovelies! What a thrill to be asked by Hunter if I’d like to submit a guest post for the fabulous navy & orange. I actually squealed when I got her email! I’m over the moon to be able to share some pretties with you and give you a little insight into what floats my boat over at The Polkadot Pantry.

One of my favourite things in the world to do is to pack up the car and head to a country picnic race meet with a big group of friends – think lush vineyards, romantic early morning mist and tartan picnic rugs laden with fine food and wine. It is my pleasure to invite you to come along for the ride.

The early morning start calls for warm weather gear, so rug up!
Boots, gloves and a scarf are a must.
No heels or fascinators out here.
And for the obligatory touch of polkadots . . .
. . . pack a pair of wellies in the boot, just in case it rains.
And a hat, it is The Races, after all!
Take time to admire the gorgeous country estates on the drive to the racecourse . . .
And set up camp on the inside of the track.  Lay out the picnic rug, set up the deck chairs and crank the tunes.
Hungry yet? Thirsty, at least!
Fire up the BBQ for brekkie and pop open the first bottle of champagne. What’s a day at The Races without bubbles?!
Time for a walk.
Stop by the stables to check out the form. 

Then head back to camp for a soul-warming lunch of cheese, Maggie Beer  quince paste, smoked salmon, Pheasant Farm pate and picnic loaf.


But leave room for dessert!

With a belly full of goodness, find a spot on the rails and cheer on a winner.
And after all the excitement, stop by the pub for a drink on the way home.

You’ll sleep well tonight!

Thanks, Kate for your post! I hope everyone is in the mood for the upcoming festivities that warm weather always encourages!

xoxo navy & orange

all photos found on pinterest, follow The Polkadot Pantry on pinterest here!

10 comments:

  1. These photos are lovely! I want to go on an a picnic in Australia :) Am now following her blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous post! You are a doll! I love those boots with the polka dot ribbon. :D
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Going to check out your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oohhhh, thanks so much Hunter! Still pinching myself!

    Glad you girls liked a little insight into life down here! Lovely to be introduced to a whole new network of blogs, I look forward to popping bye to say hi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post. hope you are having a splendid weekend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg. those boots and the dessert. I want to visit this place. Thanks for posting the photos and feel free to drop by me too when you have time.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again great post. You seem to have a good understanding of these themes.When I entering your blog,I felt this . Come on and keep writting your blog will be more attractive. To Your Success!
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Flower Girl Dresses|Empire Wedding Dresses|New Style Wedding Dresses

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover