11.03.2011

acorn squash soup

I recently made acorn squash soup. This time of year is truly my favorite for so many reasons, but the soup season out of fall vegetables is always something I look forward to. Many recipes I researched were either too extensive or too rich, therefore I turned to my trusty Vitamix. {Brides and readers, I cannot recommend this enough for your registry or wish list!}. I tweaked the recipe a bit and feel free to do the same!


cut an acorn squash in half and remove the seeds. Drip olive oil over one half of it {or both if you want more of an acorn squash flavor}. Cook at 350 for about an hour or until soft. Scoop into a blender.
Add 1/2 cup low fat evaporated milk, plain low fat milk will do. {I prefer nonfat everything, so that is what I used.}
Sprinkle nutmeg, cinnamon, salt & pepper to taste and blend.
If you don't have a vitamix, blend then heat on the stove until thick.

I accompanied it with crab meat and butternut squash one night, and avocado the next.
For the butternut squash, I purchased it pre cut, sprinkled it with brown sugar and olive oil and placed it in a pan in the oven with the acorn squash for about 30 minutes or until tender.



photos courtesy of pinterest and blogger.
*blogger not compensated for product mention*

7 comments:

  1. I'm loving all the soup recipes at this time of year! So hearty and warming on these colder days:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful, perfect for fall!

    http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good girl! I love SOUP! :D
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment, this looks so good, I'm a huge soup fan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm this looks so good!!! I really want to make this now.. Thanks

    ~Anya

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover