9.14.2011

stuffed squash blossoms

I used to live across the street from one of the city's most popular restaurants. I love having my bachelorette pad across from such a chic spot, but I am the obsessed with the new neighborhood and loving our dream house. Yet, their squash blossoms were one of my favorite things, so I had to figure out to fill the need. Last week was perfect timing as the hubby and I stumbled across the Farmer's Market in our neighborhood where they had, what else, squash blossoms!


I found this recipe on line and decided to be ambitious with the attempt. Since the hubby and I love goat cheese, I added some to the ricotta mix and used the spices that I had in the pantry. Feel free to do the same to make the dish your own!





photos blogger's own

12 comments:

  1. oh my gosh!!!! you are ambitious and a tad crazy!!! i'm glad you gave it a try!! i am not as gutsy!!

    allister bee blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! Those would impress anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had these in Italy and loved them!! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had squash blossoms, but I love anything with goat cheese! I might just have to give these a try - thanks for passing the recipe along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh this sounds delish! Can't believe I haven't had them before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the comment on my post!! i am super excited about the wedding. and i don't think that the tattoo would be negative to the wedding and i would probably want to show it off!!

    my boyfriend has 2 half sleeves so it wouldn't look out of place!!

    i hope you're having a wonderful day!!!

    allister bee blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard of these, They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM! These look delicious and are totally something new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy!
    I love goat cheese too!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  10. ok i need to get on this! we always just toss the blossoms. we grow zucchini so there is no excuse!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! It looks so delicious! Have a fabulous day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover